Friday, January 29, 2010

Another day a better attitude

hjjjjwilliamwwwilliam (sorry I couldn't erase Will's contribution to this post.)

So today went much better in part because I wanted it to. I decided to concentrate on what matters, Will and how I need to put things in perspective. Yes school choices are difficult, much more so than some of my friends with kids the same age, but really they are 4. I know someday I will think back on this time and regret worrying over these decisions and not just enjoying my smiling, happy, beautiful son with all of his quirks included.

At some point this morning I was answering a post on a Yahoo group I belong to about a woman whose son is reading, but not talking and I took a trip down memory lane and looked at some older videos I have of Will reading, counting and doing his ABC's at very early ages. Some of these videos were taken before we suspected anything was wrong with Will, except that he seemed a crazily smart baby/little boy (he still is actually). I try to remember how I felt then and realize that besides his language disorder Will is the same gifted baby I was so proud then and still proud of now.


No comments: