Friday, April 9, 2010

Wow can this be real?

Okay so I am completely flabergasted!  I am happy that I did go into my meeting with the school district open minded. 

So without having to drag out an advocate, attorney, or even asking for what I really wanted for Will's education, it has landed on my lap.  Today was a very nice meeting with the pre-school psychologist and principal. They offered an integrated classroom (5 IEP kids the rest "typical") for 1/2 day (they don't half day, he'll be the only one) with the confirmation that if I want him to (and I do) he WILL repeat next year!

Truthfully I am still a bit stunned that this all went down without me having to complain to the school district what I really wanted for Will.   Shocking to me that they came through for him.  His IEP meeting is May 21 and I think until then I will still be holding my breath for all this to work out.

Feeling blessed today.

2 comments:

Pia said...

hooray hooray hooray!!! Oh, so happy for you! Fingers crossed for the next meeting!!!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic Janet!